The “Death Valley”
All the researchers know the “Valley of Death”, or that stall point where science risks not translating into products and services rendered to the market, the invention risks not becoming innovation.
What Innova Partners Can Do
We focus on the potential user of the invention and on the technological domain, conducting preliminary market research and performing competitive analyzes, always maintaining a close involvement of the industry and linking different funding sources. We think that a team and its invention are the result of a unique and original story. This is also why we do not have a strict collaboration procedure with researchers but we prefer to discover together the best path for each one. We employ the Lean methodology with principles borrowed from the scientific method – we call our Agile Research Framework work process – there are always five steps at the beginning.
- Exchange of information on invention between researchers and Innova Partners;
- First feedback given to researchers, if this is positive, it goes on;
- Our team produces the project file which also includes a Lean Business Plan up to TRL7;
- Examination and decision of the Innova Partners executive sponsor, if this is positive it goes ahead;
- An executive project is submitted to the team of researchers and to the owner of the intellectual property that specifies the commitments required of each of the parties involved.
If the first executive project is successfully completed and the time and cost budgeted, we can decide together the next step based on the data we will have collected.